}

Popular Posts

The AI Upskilling Trap: Why More Tools Won't Make You Employable


 In last two years, I have noticed one weird thing on my Facebook feed. Almost every second person from sawargaon, Nagpur, Yavatmal is posting certificates. "I am now certified in ChatGPT, Midjourney, Gemini, Claude, Perplexity" - big list.  I have one friend, let me not take his name, from my college. He did 14 AI courses in 2 months. He was so happy. He showed me his LinkedIn. I asked him simple question, "Bhai, tune isse kisi client ka kaam karke diya kya? Ya paise kamaye?" He became silent. He said, "Abhi to seekh raha hu, job search chal raha hai." This is what I call - AI Upskilling Trap. And honestly, I also fell into it. You see my blog Barsagag - Tech News, AI News & Skill Development. Right now, I have 156 posts. All time views are 33,793. Last month views were 5275, this month till now 2313. Not bad. But my AdSense is stuck on "Getting ready" from 12th August. I was thinking why?  Then I realized. In June and July, instead of writing good articles, I was busy learning tools. One day ChatGPT, next day Gemini, next day some new tool like Discovery Loop. You know what happened last week? Four big scientists from Google, including Jeff Dean who worked there for 27 years, left Google and started a new company called Discovery Loop. So tools are changing every week. If we keep running behind tools, when will we do real work?

I think many of you are doing same mistake. You think more tools = more job. But company thinks opposite. Why More Tools Makes You Less Employable - My Practical Experience 1. Company Pays for Result, Not for Tool Name I met one recruiter from a small IT company in Nagpur last month at a local event. He told me clearly. He said, "Dinesh, we don't care if candidate knows 20 AI tools. We care what he built with it." If you go in interview and say, "I know Midjourney", he will ask "Ok, so what did you sell?" But if you say, "I used Midjourney to make a t-shirt design catalog for a shop in sawargaon, and his sales increased by 30%", you will get job in 5 minutes.  Same with my blog. I used to write "AI tool X launched". No one read. When I started writing "How I used AI tool X to write article in 20 minutes", people started reading. So outcome matters.

2. Tools Die Fast, Skill Stays Long- Do you remember Jasper AI? In 2023 everyone was saying Jasper is future. I also purchased its trial. Today? Hardly anyone uses it. Everyone uses Claude or Gemini. If you spent 2 months learning Jasper's buttons, your time is wasted today. What stays forever? How to understand a customer's problem. How to make a user click on your blog. How to solve a real business problem. That skill never dies. Google itself is now changing everything. In Discover feed, they are showing AI summaries. In Search, they are pushing AI Mode. So, interface will keep changing. But person who knows "how to bring traffic" will always have job.

3. Too Many Options - No Action- Look at the image I have added with this post. A young guy is holding his head. Around him there are logos - ChatGPT, Gemini, Midjourney, Claude, Copilot. His laptop shows "AI Skill Tracker Overloaded, Courses Completed 9/45, Burnout Risk HIGH 92%, 27 tabs open, YouTube Learn AI in 2024 3hr".  This is exactly my situation last month. I had 27 Chrome tabs open. One tab for Gemini API docs, one for Midjourney v6 guide, one YouTube video "Learn AI in 2024". But actual writing? Zero. When you try to learn 30 tools, your brain stops working. You think "Should I learn prompting? Or RAG? Or fine-tuning?" And you learn nothing properly. What Actually Works in 2026? My 3 Learning- After 156 posts and talking to many people on my Facebook profile Dinesh Barsagade, I understood 3 things that actually make you employable.

A. Be Domain + AI, Not Just AI Guy- Don't call yourself "AI Expert". Nobody needs that. Be "Marketing guy who knows AI" or "Teacher who uses AI" or like me "Blogger who uses AI for Tech News". If you are from sawargaon, you know farming, you know local shops. If you combine AI with that local knowledge, you become very rare. Companies pay more for rare combination.

B. Master One Full Workflow- Instead of learning 20 tools half-half, learn one workflow end-to-end. For me as blogger, my workflow is simple now Step 1 - Research topic using Perplexity Step 2 - Write first draft using Claude Step 3 - Make image using Midjourney (like this trap image) Step 4 - Check SEO using Gemini Step 5 - Publish on Blogger I do this same workflow for 10 articles. Now I can do it in 1 hour. If I can show this to someone, they will hire me quickly than a guy who knows 20 tools but has no workflow.

C. Show Proof, Not Certificate- In 2026, no one asks for your certificate photo. They ask for link. So, I changed my resume. I removed all certificates. I added: 1. Link of my blog Barsagag with my top 3 posts 2. A Google Sheet screenshot showing how my daily views went from 22 to 150 after I changed my writing style 3. A 1-minute screen recording where I explain how I write article with this, I got 2 freelance writing offers last week from my network. No certificate needed.

How to Come Out of Trap? Simple 30-Day Plan- If you are stuck like me, do this for next 30 days. I am also doing this. Day 1-2: Take a paper. Write down all AI tools you are learning. Now cut 80% of them. Keep only 2. For me, I kept Claude for writing and Canva AI for images. That's it. Day 3-30: Use only those 2 tools and make 15 projects. Don't watch new tool launch videos. Don't join new course. For example, make 3 case studies for your own work. - "How I used AI to increase my Instagram reach" "How I wrote 5 blog posts in one day using AI" "Why I stopped learning new AI tools after 9 courses" These types of articles will come in Google Discover and Google News faster than normal news copy-paste articles. I am going to publish this same article on my blog today and see.

Final Talk- The AI upskilling trap is not about AI actually. It is about our fear. We fear that if we don't learn this new tool, we will be left behind. So, we keep learning. But truth is, in 2026, the most employable person is not the one who knows most tools. He is the one who can solve one real problem again and again using AI. So, from today, stop collecting certificates. Start collecting case studies. Your next job, your AdSense approval, your Discover traffic - everything will come from that. If you found this useful, share it with one friend who is doing 10 courses at same time. Maybe it will save his time.

About Author: Dinesh Barsagade, Founder of Barsagag Blog - Tech News, AI News & Skill Development. Blogging in the past 3 years from sawargaon, Maharashtra. 156 posts, 33k+ views.


No comments

Update cookies preferences